Saturday 2 August 2014

Took the words write out of my mouth!


Writing has become a lost art form. Where literary gods have become equated with common bloggers. Where any celebrity can pen an autobiography because they think the world cares about their misspent youth. It’s sad. Much like singing, these days anyone can write. The truth is, there is a huge difference between writers and ‘writers’.


I have been writing for years now. And when I think about it. I have never stopped. It has always been a great passion of mine that dates back to when I was a kid. And it all began with poetry. I can’t remember exactly how young I was when I first discovered poetry, but I do remember how beguiled I was. It was mystifying. How you could disguise your true intentions with deceptive imagery. How your reader could fall victim to subjective interpretation. But poetry is never open to your own interpretation. The writer wrote it with a clear message contoured in the back of his/her mind, ultimately deceiving the reader.


With poetry, there’s a lot to account for. tonality, imagery, figures of speech. The list goes on and on. But sometimes you need to isolate the poetic mechanics and just write from the heart. To me, this is the most sincere and effective form of writing. It flows impeccably, word for word because it’s coming from a natural place.  


I’ve been reading the work of Tyler Kent White. He isn’t a professional writer by occupation. It’s a just a passion he pursues, but he is truly gifted. Proving that true writers, write from the heart about the world as they see it.

Below is just one example of his writing.
But it's an injustice to just showcase one piece of his. He is ridiculously good.


If you like what you see here, I strongly suggest that you visit his site:
porcelainandposies.com

No comments:

Post a Comment